These are the perfect post-workout meal for anyone with a sweet tooth! Pancakes are great because they’re so versatile, especially with toppings. Would be interesting to try them with different flavoured protein powder to see how they turn out.
-1 small egg
-1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
-1 scoop protein powder (I use chocolate brownie flavour)
-1/3 cup of oats
-1 teaspoon of baking soda
-1 tablespoon of coconut oil
-I love to use honey and fruit and sometimes a bit of dark chocolate. They’re also great with Greek yoghurt, peanut butter or cinnamon.
- Measure out your oats and pop them into a blender/food processer and whiz up until they turn into a fine powder.
- Pop the finished oats into a bowl and add the protein powder and baking soda, stir until combined.
- Measure out your milk and add to the dry ingredients bit by bit, stirring it together as you go.
- When combined, add you egg and mix that in too, that’s your batter ready!
- Heat your coconut oil in a large frying pan over a low heat (this is important, your pancakes might burn if the oil gets too hot)
- Scoop a ladle’s worth of mixture into the pan, as soon as the outside of the pancake has solidified and bubbles begin the appear in the middle of the pancake, it’s time to flip it over.
- once it’s cooked on both sides transfer it to a plate and repeat this step until all your mixture is gone.
- Once your pancakes are cooked, chop up any fruit or prepare any other bits you’re putting on top.
That’s your pancakes ready to go
Tag me on Instagram using @nutrition_kitchen_ in any photos you post of variations that you guys come up with!