A really easy take on an all time favourite. This one is so easy to whip up and can be done all in one pan so saves on the washing up!
-500g minced beef
-1 tin of baked beans
-1 packet of microwave rice (I use Uncle Benns Mexican style)
-2 cloves of garlic
-2 tablespoons of tomato puree
-1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
-1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
-1 teaspoon of Paprika
-3 inch long section of chorizo
-Grated parmesan cheese (optional topping)
-1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying ban on a medium heat. Then add your mince and break up with a wooden spoon so it doesn’t stick together in a clump.
- While the mince is browning, chop the garlic as small as you can manage and the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Add the garlic to the pan, along with the Italian herbs and paprika. Stir for a minute, then add the mushrooms, tomato puree and balsamic vinegar and stir until the mince is browned.
- Chop the chorizo into centimetre thick chunks and add to the pan along with the beans. Stir until the beans are warmed through.
- finally, add the microwave rice packet (without microwaving it) to the pan, and stir until all the chunks of rice have broken up.
- Ensure the rice is warmed through, then remove from the heat. Plate up your Chille and top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Your Chille con carnie is ready to go in under 20 mins!