-1/2 an onion
-1 Clove of garlic
-1 Tablespoon of curry powder
-350ml vegetable stock
-1 tablespoon of coconut oil
-Salt and pepper
- Chop up your Parsnips, apple, onion and garlic. Don’t worry about cutting them too small, they’ll be blended later anyway. I also don’t tend to peel the parsnips or apple as loads of the nutrients are in the skin and it saves time to leave them on!
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and throw all your chopped ingredients in there.
- Cook for a few minutes until the veg begins to soften, then add the curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour in the stock and leave to simmer for around 10/15 mins, until you can easily stab a knife through the chunks of parsnip.
- Now your soup is ready to blitz! I used a hand blender but a food processer or even a smoothie maker can do the job just as well. Blend the mixture until smooth, adding more water if the finished product is too thick for your liking.
- Serve with a chunk of your favourite bread and enjoy! Any leftovers can be frozen ready for another day.