The perfect brunch combo when you want to mix it up a bit. Personally, I could eat a truck full of avo toast, but sometimes its nice to have little bits of a few different things on your plate rather than a big pile of one type of food.
-1 large mushrooms
-1 inch section of chorizo
-A pinch of grated parmesan cheese
-1 slice of bread (I used rye bread)
-half a ripe avocado
-A handful of rocket
-A few cherry tomatoes
-A handful of nuts
-A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
-a teaspoon of white wine vinegar (or regular vinegar if that’s what you have in)
- Take the stalk-bit out of the mushroom. Chop up your chorizo and scatter inside the mushroom then sprinkle the cheese on top. Pop under the grill on a medium-high setting.
- Pop your slice of toast in the toaster and then boil the kettle and pour into a small saucepan until its half full. Bring to the boil and add the teaspoon of white wine vinegar. Take a spoon and stir the water until you create a whirlpool, crack the egg gently straight into the centre of the whirlpool, pop on a timer for 2 minutes.
- Grab your toasted piece of bread and spread your avocado on top, then pop it on a large plate.
- Grab a handful of rocket and place on the plate, chop your tomatoes and scatter on top along with the nuts, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- By now, your egg should be done. Scoop it out of the pan and gently pat and excess water off with a piece of kitchen roll. Place the egg on top of your avocado toast.
- Remove your mushroom from the grill and pop on the plate next to everything else.
That’s your lovely brunch ready to eat!