Turkey mince is a great lean meat, but it can often taste quite bland and dry. This dish has a subtle spice and a load of flavour to make eating this lean food taste delicious.
-2 tortilla wraps (I used gluten free)
-1 portion lean turkey mince (around 150g)
-A 2 inch long section chorizo
-A clove of garlic
-A small handful sweetcorn
-Two handfuls of spinach
-A teaspoon steak seasoning
-A teaspoon paprika
-A tablespoon tomato puree
-A teaspoon pesto
-A teaspoon coconut oil
-A large handful grated cheese (I used parmesan)
- Heal your oil in a large frying pan (big enough for your tortilla to lie flat in. Dice up the chorizo, mushrooms and garlic and add to the pan, followed by the turkey mince.
- Break up the mince with a spatula and stir to combine the ingredients. Once the mince starts turning white add the steak seasoning and paprika and continue to fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn to the pan along with the tomato puree and the pesto to add some moisture. Once the sweetcorn in warmed through, add the spinach and stir until it has wilted slightly.
- Pour the pan’s contents into a bowl and place to one side. You may need to add some more oil to your pan at this stage if it doesn’t appear to be greased.
- Place one tortilla flat down into the pan, then tip the contents of the bowl on top and spread evenly.
- Place your other tortilla on top to create a ‘sandwich’ effect. Fry for a couple of minutes until the bottom tortilla begins to brown underneath.
- At this point, place your pan under a grill on a high heat for a couple of minutes, or until the top tortilla had browned.
Simply slide your finished quesadilla on a plate and slice like a pizza into quarters to make it easier to eat.