My favourite breakfast of all time and an absolute classic. Its so so easy to make, for those of you who don’t know how, here’s how to make the perfect egg and soldiers.
-Two slices of bread (I used a spelt flour fresh loaf)
-Two medium eggs
- boil the kettle and pour into a small saucepan on a medium heat. wait until the water is bubbling away.
- Slowly lower the eggs into the water, dipping the eggs in and out a few times before you submerge them. This allows the eggs to adjust to the temperature gradually so that they don’t crack when you put them in. Put a timer on for five minutes.
- Pop your bread in the toaster until its as you like it. Then butter your toast and slice into sections a couple of inches thick to make your soldiers.
- Remove the eggs from the water when the timer goes off and put them in egg cups on the plate next to the soldiers.
- Crack open your eggs to avoid them continuing to cook, then dig in!