If you’re up for going SUPER healthy, this breakfast is the one for you. Packed of protein and nutritious veg, it’s probably the cleanest way you can start the day!
-A handful of spinach
-A few sprigs of asparagus
-A handful of mushrooms
-Two cherry tomatoes
-A pinch of salt and pepper
-A sprig of coriander
-A tablespoon of coconut oil
- Separate your egg whites from the yolks and keep the yolks in a Tupperware in your fridge for something else (they’re great in a carbonara)
- Mix the whites with salt and pepper to taste. Leave to the side for a minute whilst you heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- While it heats up, chop the asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes. Add them to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the spinach and coriander and stir again until the spinach is wilted.
- Pour the egg whites to cover the pan’s contents and leave for a couple of minutes until the edges look cooked.
- Place the pan under a grill on a medium heat until the omelette is cooked all the way through. Plate up and add more salt and pepper to taste if you need to!